Infertility: A Traumatic Condition Which Does Have A Solution
Causes of Infertility in Women
causes of Infertility in Women can be at times difficult to diagnose. In fact, 1 out of every 5 couples can experience unexplained infertility. Still, there are several recognized factors that can lead to fertility issues in women and men.
What is the cause of Infertility?
- 1. The Age Factor – As a woman ages, their quality and quantity of eggs decrease. This is a known natural process. It results in lower pregnancy chances once a woman reaches her mid-30s.
- 2. Endometriosis – The unusual growth of the endometrial tissue outside the uterus. It causes painful, irregular periods.
- 3. Polycystic Ovary Syndrome or PCOS – It is a common reason for female infertility. It’s a hormonal imbalance that impedes the maturation of eggs in females and will result in irregular/absent periods.
- 4. Blocked Fallopian Tubes (in Women) – A woman’s fallopian tubes could be blocked for multiple reasons, including the piling up of scar tissue or fluid, endometriosis, or infection, like a pelvic inflammatory disease. If the tubes get obstructed or blocked, then it might be impossible for a fertilized egg to reach the uterus of the women and implant.
- 5. Uterine Fibroids in Women – Tumors that form on or inside of the uterus is known as uterine fibroids, it might lead to heavy or painful periods, infertility, and in some cases, miscarriage. The effective form of treatment for uterine fibroids is the surgical removal of these tumors through a procedure known as Myomectomy.
- 6. Premature Ovarian Failure in Women – The loss of ovarian function in a woman before reaching the age of 40. It involves many causes, including autoimmune disorders as well as chromosomal abnormalities.
Causes of Infertility in Men
- 1. Low Sperm Count in Men– Informally, a low sperm count is fewer than 15 million per millilitre semen. A lab semen analysis is frequently done to determine sperm count.
- 2. Sperm Duct Defects in Men– Problems with sperm ducts in a man, the tubes which carry sperm, are caused by injury or illness which can lead to infertility.
- 3. Hormone Imbalances in Men – Low levels of testosterone and other hormonal issues are the major causes of male infertility.
- 4. Azoospermia in Men – Infertility in some men is due to genetic factors, trauma, or infection, do not produce sperm, a condition which is called as Azoospermia. This condition of infertility is mostly diagnosed through a semen analysis and could be treated through the process of surgical sperm extraction procedures.
Can Acupuncture help people facing the infertility problem? – Acupuncture IVF
A woman who had a successful IVF treatment said “First of all, the most important question is did Acupuncture help me to have successful IVF treatment? The honest answer is, I don’t know. For our first two IVF treatments, we did not do acupuncture and they failed. Before our third IVF treatment, we read a lot about acupuncture and IVF. We were both very sceptical before the treatment but we wanted to exhaust every avenue to make the IVF treatment work. We decided to give it a try. Acupuncture combined with the other changes to our lives could have been the reason for our successful IVF treatment.”
What is acupuncture? How Does Acupuncture Combine With IVF for Solving Infertility
Acupuncture is derived from traditional Chinese medicine. It is a process of insertion of ultra-thin, sterile needles into specific points on the body of the patient. The acupuncture points on the body when needled will regulate the way the body operates.
Benefits of acupuncture: Acupuncture IVF
Acupuncture can help men and women suffering from infertility issues.
The benefits include:
- Regulation of the menstrual cycle
- Regulation of hormones
- Improved sperm quality
- Increase in blood flow to the uterus
- Improved implantation
- Reduction in anxiety and stress
- Increased in IVF success rates
- A reduction in high F.S.H. Levels
- Regulation of immune factors
Acupuncture is helpful for managing stress. IVF is a very stressful situation. That alone was enough for people to try it out through such difficult times. It cannot be guaranteed that acupuncture helps us have successful IVF treatment, but it is one of the things some people changed before the final treatment.