PESA - TESA(Microsurgeries) Treatments
Percutaneous epididymal Sperm Aspiration (PESA)
For the zero sperm count (azoospermia) man, sperm can be retrieved in some cases from the portion above the testis called the epididymis for example in cases of congenital ab-sence of the vas deferens – a condition in which both the tubes transporting sperm to the exterior are absent from birth. The sperm thus retrieved by our expert andrologist,Can then be used for injecting the wife’s oocytes by ICSI and thereby help give the couple their own biological offspring. Our centre maintains pregnancy rates per cycle for PESA – ICSI in the range of 34% and take home baby rates in the range of 27% per cycle.
Testicular Sperm Aspiration (TESA)
For some patients with a zero sperm count (azoospermia), sperm can often be retrieved directly from the testes using a fine needle aspiration technique – immature sperm thus retrieved can then be matured in vitro and injected into the wife’s oocytes by ICSI to achieve a viable pregnancy and livebirth. Patients can be confident about a 25 – 20% take home baby rate with this revolutionary method too.
Steps Involved in ICSI
- The mature egg is held with a specialized holding pipette.
- A very delicate, sharp and hollow needle is used to immobilize and pick up a single sperm (which has been retrieved from the epididymis or testicle by PESA or TESA respectively).
- This needle is then carefully inserted through the zona (shell of egg) and in to the cytoplasm of the egg.
- The sperm is injected in to the cytoplasm and the needle carefully removed. The eggs are checked the next morning for evidence of normal fertilization.
- Embryo transfer is then done.
Sree Fertility in Hyderabad provides the services of TESA and PESA IVF, process of man’s Sperm retrieval from testis who has zero sperm count, cost effective srevice
(please see section on IVF & ICSI for more details)